From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
(Redirected from Сиреневое Озеро)
|Fruit color||black, purple|
- Valeriy Popenko, Semei, Kazakhstan 12
- First offered commercially by some Russian private seed vendors.
- According to the notes of a Russian gardener and seed vendor, Natalia Dryzhakova of Yaroslavl, Russia, the seeds originally came to Russian from Bulgaria, but it is not clear if Bulgaria is the country of origin for this variety. Natalia Dryzhakova got the seeds for this variety from a gardener and a seed collector from Komsomolsk-on-Amur, a city in Khabarovsk Krai, Russia.
- Tatiana's note: Unfortunately I was not able to track down the origin or the original name of this tomato in Bulgaria, and hence I have to keep the Russian name as the original name for the time being. Unfortunately the name keeps being translated into other languages as seeds find their ways into other countries, and this creates a well known problem with same varieties known under different names. A person who does not know Russian language will never think that 'Lavender Lake' and 'Sirenevoe Ozero' is the same variety!
Russian name: Сиреневое Озеро
- The name means 'Lavender Lake' in Russian.
Description in Russian
- Плоды плоскоокруглые, фиолетовые, мясистые, очень сладкие, мякоть розовая, массой до 500 грамм.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
Facts about Sirenevoe Ozero
|Description in Russian||Плоды плоскоокруглые, фиолетовые, мясистые, очень сладкие, мякоть розовая, массой до 500 грамм.|
|Fruit color||black + and purple +|
|Fruit shape||beefsteak +|
|Fruit size||large +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|History||* First offered commercially by some Russi … * First offered commercially by some Russian private seed vendors.
|Member code||B.C KO T +|
|Russian name||Сиреневое Озеро +|
|Seed source||Valeriy Popenko, Semei, Kazakhstan 12|
|Translation||The name means 'Lavender Lake' in Russian.|
|Variety type||open-pollinated +|