|Fruit shape||round, oblate|
|Variety type||open-pollinated, heirloom|
- Indet. plants with regular leaf foliage. Medium red fruits, round and oblate, most are with smooth shoulders. 5-10 oz. Very juicy. Delicious full flavor. (15 seeds / packet)
- Aleksey Kulik, Ukraine 15 / Natalia Khilenko, Armavir, Russia 14
Year grown: 2015
- Russian heirloom variety from Khilenko Family. The name means "Grandma's" in Russian.
- The seeds were sent to Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2014 by Aleksey Kulik, Ukraine 15, who received them from Natalia Khilenko of Armavir, Russia. Mrs. Khilenko and her family have been growing many native Russian heirlooms for many years, and she shared seeds from her seed collection with Aleksey Kulik, a Ukrainian seed vendor.
- Introduced commercially by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2016.
Russian name: Бабушкино
- The name means "Grandma's" in Russian
Description in Russian
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Babushkino - ripe fruit. 2015-08-14.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Babushkino seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!