|Variety type||family heirloom, open-pollinated|
- Indet., potato leaf plants. High yield of large pink beefsteaks with slightly ribbed shoulders. 6-14 oz. Outstanding sweet flavor. (15 seeds / packet)
- Nathalie Antaya of Saint-Robert, Quebec, Canada (QUE AN N) 08
Year grown: 2015
- 90 days, indet., potato leaf plant with good yield of 8-12 oz dark pink fruit with excellent flavor.
- Paul Norland of Northwood, Iowa (IA NO P) 98 / Judy Myers / Berg family
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- A family heirloom from the Berg Family.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 1998 Yearbook by Paul Norland of Northwood, Iowa (IA NO P), who was given the seeds by Judy Myers who got it from the Berg family which had kept in their family for several years.
- Paul described it as red, but Neil Lockhart, who received the seeds from Paul, as well as the other SSE members who later re-offered this variety, described it as dark pink.
- Introduced commercially by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2016.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Berg - ripe fruit. 2015-08-08.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Berg - sliced fruit. 2015-08-08.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Berg seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!