|Fruit color||black, striped|
- 73 days, indet., regular leaf, 3-4 oz round black fruits with green stripes. It is certainly a good looking tomato, and it would keep well on the counter after picking, but there are better tasting blacks.
- Sylvana Manna, Alberta, Canada 05
Year grown: 2006
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf plant, fair yield of black and green fruit with good flavor.
- Jeff Dawson of Napa, California (CA DA J2)
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- Black and green striped round fruits, regular leaf, indet., fruits are hard to peel.
- CV Treml (Raritätengärtnerei Treml)
- A Jeff Dawson selection. Beautiful blemish free purplish black fruit with green stripes and great taste! The medium size round fruit weigh 4-6 oz and are produced in abundance. Excellent for adding color to salads or slicing on a platter. Indeterminate, regular leaf foliage. (75 days from transplant).
- Heritage Harvest Seed
Location: Carman, Manitoba, Canada
- An open-pollinated variety, developed by Jeff Dawson of Sebastopol, California, from a natural cross of Green Zebra. Jeff offered it commercially in 2000 through his seed company, Grandview Farms Tomato Seeds.
- Neil Lockhart of Oblong, Illinois (IL LO N) and Steve Strickler (OH ST S), who lived in Dayton, Ohio at that time, both obtained the seed from Jeff Dawson and offered it in the SSE 2001 Yearbook. Interestingly, none of them mentioned the taste in their first listings, which does not praise this tomato.
Also known as
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Black Zebra. 2006
Sherry Shiesl, Alaska. Black Zebra - ripe fruit. 2011.