- Compact plants with potato leaf foliage. Fruits are purple/black, with brown-green shoulders, some are irregularly shaped, and some are round oblate. 6-10 oz. Excellent flavor, with a hint of sweetness. (limited, 15 seeds / packet)
- 1. Reimer Seeds
- 2. Julien Schmit, Nancy, France 09 / TomatoFest 07
- 3. Clay Ford, Sorrento, BC, Canada 10
Year grown: 2013
- 80 days, det., potato leaf plant, 4-8 oz reddish violet fruit, good taste, fair yield.
- Reimer Seeds / Åke Truedsson of Klagshamn, Sweden (SWED TR A) 96
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- indet., light brown fruit with green shoulders. Prone to cracking. 5-10 oz.
Year grown: 2008
Location: Nancy, France
- Russian origin.
- May be the same tomato as Siniy, which means 'Blue' in Russian.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 1996 Yearbook by Åke Truedsson of Klagshamn, Sweden (SWED TR A).
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Blue Fruit (Julien) - baby fruit. 2013-07-16.
Julien Schmit, France. Blue Fruit - ripening fruit. 2008.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Blue Fruit (Julien) - ripening fruit. 2013-08-10.
Julien Schmit, France. Blue Fruit - ripe fruit. 2008.
Taryn Koerker, WA (WA KO T): Blue Fruit - ripe fruit. 2012. (Posted with owner's permission.)
Taryn Koerker, WA (WA KO T): Blue Fruit - ripe fruit, tasting. 2012. (Posted with owner's permission.)
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Blue Fruit (Clay) - sliced fruit. 2013-08-20.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
Tomato Growers Supply
|2013||Tomato Growers Supply
|2012||Tomato Growers Supply||.||.|
|2011||Tomato Growers Supply||2||1|
|2010||Tomato Growers Supply
|2009||Tomato Growers Supply
|2008||Tomato Growers Supply
|2007||Tomato Growers Supply||2||.|
You can buy Blue Fruit seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!