|Fruit color||blue, black|
- Indet. but compact plants with dark purple stems and regular foliage. High producer of small 1-2 oz round red fruits with very dark blue / purple shoulders that develop when fruits are exposed to UV light. Very rich in anthocyanins which are powerful anti-oxidants, which give the distinctive dark purple/black color to both the foliage and the fruit. Flavor is good, somewhat sweetish but mild. Fruits are larger than Indigo Rose, and ripen earlier. (limited, 15 seeds / packet)
- David Lemasters, Pennsylvania
Year grown: 2012
- This is an open-pollinated, non-GMO variety!
- Likely a renamed version of OSU Blue. When the OSU Blue tomato 'escaped' the OSU labs, it was not entirely stable, and some growers decided to give segregations different names. I believe this is one of the segregations that has been stabilized and named by a US gardener.
- Some people confuse this tomato with a GMO tomato variety developed in UK in the late 2000s. The GMO variety was never released, and it is very different from any other antho tomatoes bred by conventional methods, including Blueberry tomato. The GMO antho fruits are blue inside out, but the conventionally bred antho tomatoes only have blue coloring on the skin.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Blueberry - green fruit. 2012-08-17.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Blueberry - ripening fruit. 2012-08-22.
|Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Blueberry - ripening fruit. 2012-08-25.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Blueberry - ripening fruit. 2012-08-25.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Blueberry - plant. 2012-07-06.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Blueberry - flowers. 2012-07-06.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Blueberry - baby fruit. 2012-07-12.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new, sold out for 2013||.||.|