|Fruit shape||oblate, beefsteak|
- Indet., potato leaf plants, large dark pink round oblate beefsteak fruits with very dense flesh and excellent flavor, which was more sweet than acidic for me. 10-16 oz. Smaller seed cavities than Brandywine's, and slightly less juicy.
- 1. Theodore Corbett of Reichenbach-Steegen, Germany (GERM CO T) 10 / elkwc / Mike Henry, Pennsylvania
- 2. Darrel Jones, Alabama 13 / Blue Ribbon Tomatoes
Year grown: 2010(1), 2013(2)
- Best production for Brandywine type in my garden. 1 lb plus, oblate beefsteak, indet., potato leaf, pink, 85 days.
- Mike Henry, Pennsylvania 08
Year grown: 2010, 2011
Location: LaFollette, Tennessee, USA
- Another strain of Brandywine, found by Mike Henry at a nursery called Cowlick's, hence it's name.
- Mike Henry bought it as a plant in the mid 2000s. It was labeled Brandywine or Pink Brandywine, but outperformed all other strains of Brandywine tomatoes that Mike also grew in the same year. It was more productive, earlier, tasted better, and produced larger and prettier fruits. Mr. Henry first thought that this was Brandywine Sudduth's that was praised for the similar traits, but the subsequent growouts and comparisons with other strains of Brandywine convinced him that this strain is even better than Sudduth's. He named it 'Cowlick's Brandywine' after the nursery where he originally purchased the plant.
- Mr. Mike Henry shared the seeds with many tomato gardeners in the U.S., Canada, Phillipines and Europe, as well as with local nurseries.
- Yellow Brandywine,
- Black Brandywine,
- Brandywine, Cherry,
- Brandywine, Glick's Strain,
- Brandywine, Joyce's Strain,
- Brandywine, Liams,
- Brandywine, Pawer's,
- Brandywine, Sudduth's,
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Cowlick's Brandywine - plant. 2010-07-03.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Cowlick's Brandywine - plant. 2010-07-16.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Cowlick's Brandywine - flowers. 2010-07-03.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Cowlick's Brandywine - baby fruit. 2010-07-16.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Cowlick's Brandywine - baby fruit. 2010-07-19.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Brandywine Cowlick's - green fruit. 2013-07-30.
Ted Maiden (TN MA T): Cowlick's Brandywine - ripe fruit. 2012.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Cowlick's Brandywine - sliced fruit. 2013-09-03.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Cowlick's Brandywine - sliced fruit. 2013-09-12.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Cowlick's Brandywine - sliced fruit. 2013-09-18.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - sold out for 2016||.||.|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds
Blue Ribbon Tomatoes
Delectation of Tomatoes - new
Knapp's Fresh Vegies
|2011||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new, sold out for 2011
Knapp's Fresh Vegies - new