From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
|Fruit color||orange, golden|
|Variety type||unstable segregation line|
- healthy indet. plants with regular leaf foliage, moderate production of huge golden beefsteaks, 16-18 oz, very meaty, wonderful rich flavor. Identical to Chapman in every aspect other than fruit color. F3 seeds produce both RL and PL seedlings, so it was a cross that continues to segregate, and it may show golden or red fruits.
- 1. Linda Black of Fountain Valley, California (CA BL L) 06 - Chapman seeds / Neil Lockhart of Oblong, Illinois (IL LO N) 04 / NY MA C 95 (Carolyn Male of Latham, New York) / Robert Richardson of Phelps, New York (NY RI R) 93
- 2. Shaun Harris of Dearborn Heights, Michigan (F3 seeds) / Tatiana Kouchnareva, Anmore, BC (B.C KO T) 10 (F2 seeds)
Year grown: 2009, 2011 (crop failure), 2012(2)
- Discovered in 2009 by Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T) in a patch of Chapman tomatoes grown from the seed sent to Tatiana by Linda Black of California in 2006. One plant produced huge golden fruits, which was similar to Chapman except for the fruit color.
- Subsequent generations show segregations, which confirms that it was a cross.
- It is not stable yet.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Chapman Gold - sliced fruit. 2009-09-01.