|Variety type||family heirloom, open-pollinated|
- Indet., regular leaf plants. Red beefsteaks, 6-12 oz. Very good full tomato flavor. (20 seeds / packet)
- Bruce Van Order of Freeville, New York (NY VA B) 07
Year grown: 2014 (crop failure), 2015
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf, high yield of 6-14 oz. red fruit, very good flavor.
- Bruce Van Order of Freeville, New York (NY VA B) 09
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- An heirloom from Bruce Van Order's family, it was found in his truck garden back in the 1960s near Chittenango, New York.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 1995 Yearbook by Bruce Van Order of Freeville, New York (NY VA B).
- Introduced commercially by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2016.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Chittenango - ripe fruit. 2015-07-30.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Chittenango - ripe fruit. 2015-08-16.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Chittenango - sliced fruit. 2015-08-05.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Chittenango - sliced fruit. 2015-08-16.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Chittenango seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!