|Fruit shape||irregular, ribbed, beefsteak|
|Variety type||open-pollinated, heirloom|
- (Vita Sementi) Indet., regular leaf plants with high yield of flattened and ruffled red tomatoes of medium size and old-fashioned taste. Good for sauce. These are the seeds offered in our catalog.
- (grown from Territorial Seeds) indet., regular leaf plants with high yields of medium red tomatoes, not as heavily ribbed as advertised, seed from Territorial Seed Company . Very good old-fashioned taste.
- 1. Reimer Seeds
- 2. CV Thompson & Morgan (orig from Vita Sementi) 08
- 3. Tomato Growers Supply 12
- 4. Territorial Seed Company 04
Year grown: 2008 (#1 - crop failure), 2010(1), 2011*(3)
- The indeterminate, regular leaved plants have a whole bunch of ribbed fruits set. The first fruit was harvested 76 days after planting, was about 7 ounces and was thick and had a very small amount of seeds. It looked like a beefsteak, but many of the other fruits look like ribbed paste tomatoes. I think that they are crossed. I'm using different seed next time.
- Reimer Seeds / Seed trade
Year grown: 2011
- Oblate, ribbed, red tomatoes on a medium sized plant. Lots of fruit, but proned to BER. Flavor okay, but tasted better after cooking. Mid-season at 75 days.
- Reimer Seeds / CV Parks Seed, 2008
Year grown: 2010, 2011
Location: LaFollette, Tennessee
- Tormato, MMMM swap 2018
Year grown: 2019
Location: Czech republic,Brno, 780 ft
- Italian heirloom variety, originated in Riviera region decades ago. Particularly popular in the area of Piedmont, the tomato sauce industry.
- According to Amy Goldman, it was first introduced in North America in 1985 by Le Marche Seeds International and Redwood City Seed Company.
- 'Costoluto' means 'ribbed' in Italian.
Ted Maiden (TN MA T): Costoluto Genovese - green fruit. 2011.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Costoluto Genovese - green fruit. 2013-07-31.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Costoluto Genovese - ripe fruit. July 2011.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Costoluto Genovese - ripe fruit, too smooth to be correct. July 2011.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Costoluto Genovese - ripe fruit. August 29, 2011.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Costoluto Genovese - ripe fruit. 2013-07-31.
Tatiana kouchnareva (B.C KO T): Costoluto Genovese with Bull's Heart, Kosovo, and Sungold F1. 2005