|Fruit shape||oblate, globe|
|Variety type||heirloom, open-pollinated|
- Indet., regular leaf. Small to medium round oblate red fruits, some smooth and some slightly ruffled. 4-6 oz. Excellent sweet flavor.
- Dave Thompson, Southeast Michigan 09
Year grown: 2015
- Old commercial heirloom tomato. A new strain of Marman developed by Prof. Abelardo Piovano at the National University of Argentina.
- Description in 1958 Gleckler Seed Catalog catalog:
- "CUYANO - New Smooth Marman - A new strain of Marman developed by Prof. Abelardo Piovano at the National University of Argentina. An outstanding improvement over the original strain. Maturity a few days earlier, vine growth the same but more resistant to fungus diseases. Fruit quality is greatly improved, much smoother and solid. Interior is fleshy without cavities or puffiness. Size is somewhat larger in the early clusters, which is the important part of fruit setting for early market. In both vine and fruit this new strain of Marman called Cuyano is a great improvement over the original strain."
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), PI 303719. Donated to the USDA in 1965.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 1990 Yearbook by Thane H. Earle of Whitewater, Wisconsin (WI EA T). SSE TOMATO 1994.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Cuyano - ripe fruit. 2015-08-10.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Cuyano - sliced fruit. 2015-08-10.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Cuyano seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!
|Description||Indet., regular leaf. Small to medium round oblate red fruits, some smooth and some slightly ruffled. 4-6 oz. Excellent sweet flavor.|
|Fruit color||red +|
|Fruit shape||oblate + and globe +|
|Fruit size||medium +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|History||* Old commercial heirloom tomato. A new st … * Old commercial heirloom tomato. A new strain of Marman developed by Prof. Abelardo Piovano at the National University of Argentina.
|Member code||B.C KO T +|
|Seed source||Dave Thompson, Southeast Michigan 09|
|USDA||PI 303719 +|
|USDA link||http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/acc/display.pl?1227998 +|
|Variety type||heirloom + and open-pollinated +|
|Vendor||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +|
|Year grown||2015 +|