|Variety type||open-pollinated, heirloom|
- Indet., regular leaf plants. Smooth medium sized fruits, very beautiful deep pink in color. 4-6 oz. Excellent sweet flavor. (15 seeds / packet)
- 1. Jeff Casey of Airdrie, Alberta, Canada 06 (germination failure)
- 2. Julien Schmit, Nancy, France 10 / Michele ? 09
Year grown: 2013(1 - germination failure), 2015(2)
- 67 days. We tried this one as it originated from our corner of the world. Very tasty fruits.
- Firefox Seeds, Kingston, Ontario
Year grown: 2009
Location: A rooftop in Montreal, Quebec
- Canadian heirloom tomato from the 1930s.
- According to Seeds of Diversity, this variety was introduced by Fr. Armand Savignac CSV (1898-1994) who got the seed from Raymond Dufresne of Joliette in the 1930’s.
- It was named after R. (Raymond or Roger) Dufresne of Joliette, PQ who, on his deathbed, asked his Catholic priest or 'father', Pere Savignac, to safekeep or act as guardian for this variety.
- Someone later 'selected' for uniformity (see Dufresne 2), but both Dufresne and Dufresne 2 seems to be the same tomato.
Also known as
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Dufresne - ripe fruit. 2015-08-14.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Dufresne - ripe fruit. 2015-08-22.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Dufresne - sliced fruit. 2015-08-14.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Dufresne - sliced fruit. 2015-08-22.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Dufresne seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!
|Also known as||Savignac +|
|Description||Indet., regular leaf plants. Smooth medium sized fruits, very beautiful deep pink in color. 4-6 oz. Excellent sweet flavor. (15 seeds / packet)|
|Fruit color||pink +|
|Fruit shape||round +|
|Fruit size||medium +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|History||* Canadian heirloom tomato from the 1930s. … * Canadian heirloom tomato from the 1930s.
|Member code||B.C KO T + and QC CA C +|
|Seed source||1. Jeff Casey of Airdrie, Alberta, Canada 06 (germination failure)
|Variety type||open-pollinated + and heirloom +|
|Vendor||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds + and Solana Seeds +|
|Year grown||2013(1 - germination failure) + and 2015(2) +|