Dwarf Firebird Sweet
|Dwarf Firebird Sweet|
|Growth habit||dwarf, indet.|
|Leaf type||regular, rugose|
|Fruit color||pink, striped|
|Variety type||created heirloom, stabilized intentional cross|
- ***NEW 2016 Release from Tomato Dwarf Project***. OSSI-Pledged variety. Indet. vigorous dwarf (tree-type) plants with regular leaf rugose foliage. Pink medium sized beefsteak fruits with golden stripes, very pretty. Meaty and juicy flesh, outstanding full flavor. 4-8 oz.
- Craig LeHoullier of Raleigh, North Carolina (NC LE C) 16 / Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) 16
Year grown: 2017
- Developed in the 2011-2016 by the members of the Dwarf Tomato Project from a cross between Dwarf Wild Fred (an F4 selection) and Beauty King made by Vince Lavallo in 2011, which he named Beauty. It was developed collaboratively by Vince Lavalle, Craig LeHoullier, Lurley Hernandez, Lindsey Ratterree, Dan Follett, Carolyn Keiper, and Nancy Ruhl. Named by Craig LeHoullier in 2013.
- Released in 2016.
- This variety is now associated with the Open Source Seed Initiative (OSSI)
- The OSSI Pledge - " You have the freedom to use these OSSI seeds in any way you choose. In return, you pledge not to restrict others’ use of these seeds or their derivatives by patents, or other means, and to include this pledge with any transfer of these seeds or their derivatives." The seed packets that you share or sell should include this information.
- More information about the development of this cultivar can be found on the Dwarf Tomato Project website.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
You can buy Dwarf Firebird Sweet seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!