Everett's Rusty Oxheart
From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
|Everett's Rusty Oxheart|
|Fruit type||paste, salad, slicer|
- Indet., regular leaf, beautiful and unusual heart-shaped fruits with yellowish-green flesh and brownish-red exterior, medium to large size. (very limited, 15 seeds / packet)
- The special 'Thank You' goes to Terry Tassone of Secret Seed Cartel , who gracefully offered her beautiful picture for my 2013 seed catalog when she noticed that I did not have my own. Thank you Terry!
- Linda Black, Fountain Valley, California 11 / Marianna's Heirloom Seeds 10
- 90 days, indet., regular leaf, 6-12 oz oxheart with rusty red skin and greenish yellow flesh, very good flavor, good yield.
- Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) 07 / Caitlin Jones of Chilmark, Massachusetts 07
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- History unknown.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2007 Yearbook by Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B), who received the seed from Caitlin Jones of Chilmark, Massachusetts in 2007.
Terry Tassone of Secret Seed Cartel . Everett's Rusty Oxheart - sliced fruit.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Diane's Flower Seeds
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - sold out for 2013
Delectation of Tomatoes - new
Double Helix Farms - new
|2012||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
Gleckler Seedmen - new
|2011||Gleckler Seedmen - new||5||2|
|2010||Marianna's Heirloom Seeds - new||3||1|
Facts about Everett's Rusty Oxheart
|Fruit color||bi-color +|
|Fruit shape||heart +|
|Fruit size||medium +|
|Fruit type||paste +, salad + and slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|Member||B.C KO T + and IL LO N +|
|Variety type||open-pollinated +|
|Vendor||Secret Seed Cartel +, Gleckler Seedmen +, Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +, Delectation of Tomatoes + and Double Helix Farms +|