|Fruit shape||oblate, irregular|
|Variety type||commercial heirloom, open-pollinated|
- 75-80 days, indet., regular leaf, very good yield of green-when-ripe fruits, 8 oz, green-yellow when ripe, excellent flavor.
- Seed Source
- Reimer Seeds / Irina Ogorodnova, Nebraska 05|2008}}
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf plant, 4-8 oz yellow-green fruit, good flavor, good yield.
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- green tomato, beefsteak type, regular leaf, indet.
Year: 2003, 2004
- An old commercial variety introduced in 1956 by Glecklers Seedmen of Metamora, Ohio.
- The description from the 1958 Gleckler Catalog says:
- "EVERGREEN TOMATO
- Green When Ripe
- A strange tomato that refuses to change color from its green stage other than a pale yellowish green when dead ripe. Interior of fruit is extremely fleshy, remains green even though rotten ripe. Flavor is a typical delicious tomato taste, moderately acid. Very fine for slicing and frying and especially for making delicious conserves. Size is medium to large; maturity about 72 days. Very extensive, vigorous vine growth."
- The original seed for this tomato came from Ben Quisenberry, Ohio, who introduced it in the Seed Savers Exchange Yearbook in 1980 under the name Evergreen, Tasty. So perhaps Tasty Evergreen is a correct original name.
Also known as
- Green Grape (bred by Tom Wagner from Evergreen and other heirlooms)
- Green Grape (original) (bred by Tom Wagner from Evergreen and other heirlooms)
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Evergreen. 2008-05-25.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Evergreen. 2008-06-25.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Evergreen - flowers. 2008-07-18.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Evergreen - flower.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Evergreen. 2009.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Evergreen
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Tasty Evergreen - ripe fruit. July 2011.