|Fruit shape||oblate, ribbed|
- Indet., regular leaf plants. Lovely colored brown-black small round saladette fruits with nice flavor with a hint of acidity. Not ribbed as many other growers observed, actually very smooth. (15 seeds / packet)
- Dave Thompson, New Baltimore, Southeast Michigan 09 / USDA
Year grown: 2015
- Originated in Philippines.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2003 Yearbook by Seed Savers Heritage Farm, Decorah, Iowa (IA SSE HF), seeds from Donald Branscomb, California (CA BR D).
- SSE TOMATO 935.
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), PI 273446. Donated to the USDA in 1961 from Philippines.
- USDA narrative:
- "Plant vigorous, indeterminate; fruit 2 by 3 inches, flat, lobed, rough, proliferated at blossom end, 12 loculed, seedy, late maturing; flesh red. Pistils don't protrude but sets fruit in humid,rainy climate. Has resistance to late blight. "
- Many growers observed black fruits, grown from the seed that originally came from the USDA, but all SSE members list it as small red, very scalloped fruit.
Also known as
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Filipino 2 - ripe fruit. 2015-07-19.
Dan and Val McMurray. Kishinev - plants. 2008. (Uploaded with owner's permission.)
Dan and Val McMurray. Kishinev - ripe fruit. 2008. (Uploaded with owner's permission.)
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Filipino 2 - sliced fruit. 2015-07-19.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2013||Double Helix Farms||.||.|
|2012||Double Helix Farms||.||.|
You can buy Filipino 2 seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!