Fish Lake Oxheart
|Fish Lake Oxheart|
|Leaf type||regular, wispy|
|Fruit color||pink, red|
|Variety type||open-pollinated, heirloom|
- Indet., wispy regular leaf foliage, large pink blunt hearts with delicious balanced flavor. 8-12 oz. Very few seeds.
- Neil Gillard of Holland Landing, Ontario, Canada (ONT GI N) 10 / V. Russell, BC, Canada 09 / Ted Maczka (aka Fish Lake Garlic Man), Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada
Year grown: 2013
- Original seeds came from Ted Maczka of Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada, who had grown it for many years but could not remember the origin.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2011 Yearbook by Carolyn Male of Salem, New York (NY MA C), who received the seeds from Neil Gillard of Holland Landing, Ontario, Canada (ONT GI N).
- Described as both red and pink. It is not clear if this is just a different color perception by different people, or there is some instability observed.
- Tatiana's note: I did observe some variability (smallish plums to large hearts) on different plants, but color-wise they were all pink. My seeds are from the original source.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Fish Lake Oxheart - green fruit. 2013-07-03.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Fish Lake Oxheart - ripe fruit. 2013-08-10.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Fish Lake Oxheart - sliced fruit. 2013-08-10.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Victory Seed Company||.||.|
|2013|| Double Helix Farms - new
Victory Seed Company - new, sold out for 2013