Green Grape (original)
|Green Grape (original)|
- the original strain from Tom Wagner, compact indet. plant with regular foliage, very healthy, high yield of large oval shaped green cherry fruit, some up to 1 oz, excellent flavor, the fruits are larger than the commercially sold strains, and have better flavor - thanks to Tom Wagner for sharing the seeds of this wonderful strain with me.
- Tom Wagner, Washington 07
Year grown: 2007
- Bred by Tom Wagner, a private tomato and potato breeder and founder of Tater Mater Seed, who released it in 1978; this is the original selection by Tom Wagner
- Cross of several heirlooms (including Evergreen). Despite a common belief, there is no Yellow Pear in the parentage!
- Evergreen (one of the parents)
The following two varieties were bred from Green Grapes by Tom Wagner; not released and no seeds are publicly available.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Green Grape (original). 2007
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2011||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - sold out for 2011
Heritage Tomato Seed - new
|2010||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||1||.|
|2009||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||1||.|