Iris' Red Russian
|Iris' Red Russian|
- Indet., regular leaf. Large red round beefsteak fruits with meaty flesh and very good full tomato flavor. 8-16 oz. Small seed locules, not many seeds.
- Seed Savers Heritage Farm, Decorah, Iowa (IA SSE HF) 09 / Mrs. Josephine Lake of Sunbury, Ohio (OH LA J)
Year grown: 2015
- Russian origin. Iris, a missionary to Siberia, brought seeds back in her purse.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2000 Yearbook by Seed Savers Heritage Farm, Decorah, Iowa (IA SSE HF); original seeds from Mrs. Josephine Lake of Sunbury, Ohio (OH LA J).
- SSE TOMATO 5417.
- Introduced commercially by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2016.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Iris Red Russian - ripe fruit. 2015-08-18.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Iris Red Russian - sliced fruit. 2015-08-18.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Iris' Red Russian seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!