- Indet., regular leaf plants. 2-3 oz purple/black round fruit. Very good flavor.
- Nathalie Antaya of Saint-Robert, Quebec, Canada (QUE AN N) 08 / Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) (SODC)
Year grown: 2015
- 75 days, indet., regular leaf plant with a high yield of 2-3 oz, black-purple fruit with green shoulders, good flavor, French var. named after a field marshall of World War I.
- Luc Fichot, Belgium (BELG FI L) 01
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- French variety named after Joseph Jacques Césaire Joffre, who was a French general during World War I.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2002 Yearbook by Neil Lockhart of Oblong, Illinois (IL LO N), who received the seeds from Luc Fichot of Belgium in 2001.
- SSE TOMATO 5282.
- Introduced commercially by Marianna's Heirloom Seeds in 2012.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Joffre - ripe fruit. 2015-08-16.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Joffre - sliced fruit. 2015-08-16.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2011||Marianna's Heirloom Seeds - new||2||3|
You can buy Joffre seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!