Joie De La Table
|Joie De La Table|
|Variety type||heirloom, open-pollinated|
- Indet., regular leaf. Medium sized red beefsteak fruits, round and oblate. 4-8 oz. Very good full tomato flavor.
- Dan and Val McMurray of Wynndel, British Columbia, Canada (B.C MC D) 07 / Christian Lemaire, France
Year grown: 2015
- 75 days, indet., regular leaf, 6' plants, 4-8 oz red fruit, good tomato taste, slightly more acid than sweet, some splits, 12 lbs/plant.
- Christian Lemaire, France
Year grown: 2006
Location: Wynndel, BC, Canada
- Old Italian heirloom that was also popular in France.
- The French name means 'Joy of the Table'.
- The original Italian name is Gioia della Mensa.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 1997 Yearbook by John Wyncoll, Bolton, England (ENGL WY J), who bought seeds from a commercial vendor.
Also known as
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Joie de la Table - ripe fruit. 2015-08-05.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Joie de la Table - sliced fruit. 2015-08-05.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2013||Double Helix Farms||0||.|
|2012||Double Helix Farms||0||1|
You can buy Joie De La Table seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!