- 50-60 days, vigorous, semi-det., pink 3-5" slicer, very early and reliable, gorgeous and delicious.
- Soren Holt of Frosamlerne (Danish seed savers)
Year grown: 2007
Location: Drain, Oregon
- early, semi-det., regular leaf
Year grown: 2013
Location: Lohsa, Germany
- Russian origin.
- Seeds from Soren Holt of Frosamlerne (Danish seed savers) who received it from the Sviatova family in Siberia. Originated in Sludjanka at the shores of Lake Bajkal in Siberia where it is grown outdoors. It is not clear whether it was developed by Katerina Konovna Sviatova (Katja) herself or if it is an old Russian commercial variety.
- 2 different variations are available in North America via the Seed Savers Yearbook - one is the large pink as described here, and another is a small to medium red. It is not clear whether these are different tomatoes or a segregation of the original Katja tomato that may not have been 100% stable.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Katja - flower. 2013-07-13.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Katja - green fruit. 2013-07-13.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Katja - ripe fruit. 2013.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2012||1 (red) + 2 (pink)||0|
|2011||1 (red) + 2 (pink)||0|
|2010||1 (red) + 2 (pink)||.|
|2009||1 (red) + 1 (pink)||.|
|2008||1 (red) + 2 (pink)||.|
|Fruit color||pink +|
|Fruit size||large +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||semi-det. +|
|History||* Russian origin.
|Member code||OR ST A + and GERM SC K +|
|Variety type||open-pollinated +|