|Variety type||open-pollinated, heirloom|
- Mid- to late season. Indet., regular leaf, large orange fruits up to 1 lb. Very good to excellent flavor. (15 seeds / packet)
- 1. Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds 06
- 2. CV Hazzard's Greenhouse 11
Year grown: 2011(1 - crop failure), 2013
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf plant with good yield of 0.5-1 lb orange beefsteak fruit, very good flavor.
- CV Shu
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- 90 days, golden yellow beefsteaks up to 1 lb, sweet flavor.
- Georgia Emond, Glendale, Kentucky
Year grown: 2009
Location: Sonora, Kentucky
- An heirloom from Eastern Kentucky.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 1994 Yearbook by Patrick DeLozier of Kansas City, Missouri (MO DE P), who bought the seed from CV Good Seed Co..
Also known as
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kentucky Beefsteak - seedling planted. 2011-05-26.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kentucky Beefsteak (Hazzard) - ripe fruit. 2013-09-23.
Phil Seneca, Good Mind Seeds. Kentucky Beefsteak - ripe fruit. Posted with owner's permission.
Patty Brown, Ohio. Kentucky Beefsteak - ripe fruit. August 30, 2010. Posted with owner's permission.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kentucky Beefsteak (Hazzard) - sliced fruit. 2013-09-23.
You can buy Kentucky Beefsteak seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!