- Indet., regular leaf, large red beefsteaks with excellent flavor. 8-16 oz. It was not a good producer in my 2012 garden, but I think it certainly deserves a second chance!
- Frederick Deny, Granitovo, Bulgaria 08 / a man from Trunkovo, near Elhovo, Bulgaria
Year grown: 2011 (crop failure), 2012
- Indeterminate, regular foliage, red, large round fruit. Weight approximately 1 lb (500g), flavor is not special. My last year's observation was “Large, beefsteak maybe, red. Not especially nice sliced.”
- Grown by a man from Trunkovo, near Elhovo, Bulgaria. Sold as both transplants around April/May and as fruit in season. I thought that this was a variety that only he had but later found it elsewhere though not in large numbers.
Location: S E Bulgaria
Bulgarian name: Кубинска руша.
- Translation to English: Cuban Hollyhock(s)
- Transliteration: Kubinska Rusha (The sh sound is as ‘su’ in leisure, not ‘sh’ as in ‘shush’), or Kubinska Ruzha.
- Bulgarian variety, commonly available in Granitovo (SE Bulgaria) but not as common or maybe popular as large pinks, large reds or pink hearts.
- Introduced commercially in North America by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2013.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kubinska Ruzha - seedling. 2011-03-15.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kubinska Ruzha - plant. 2012-05-25.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kubinska Ruzha - plant. 2011-07-09.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kubinska Ruzha - flower. 2012-06-27.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kubinska Ruzha - flowers. 2011-07-09.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kubinska Ruzha - sliced fruit. 2012-11-01.
Frederick Denny: The man who sold with his tray of toms in the market, who sold me the Kubinska Rusha transplants. 2008-08-29.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - sold out for 2014||.||.|
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|Fruit color||red +|
|Fruit shape||beefsteak +|
|Fruit size||large +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|History||* Bulgarian variety, commonly available in … * Bulgarian variety, commonly available in Granitovo (SE Bulgaria) but not as common or maybe popular as large pinks, large reds or pink hearts.
|Member||B.C KO T + and BULG DE F +|
|Variety type||open-pollinated +|
|Vendor||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +|