Kukla's Portuguese Beefsteak
|Kukla's Portuguese Beefsteak|
- Indet., potato leaf, red medium sized beefsteak fruits, 6-10 oz, very good balanced flavor. (limited, 15 seeds / packet)
- Carolyn Male of Salem, New York (NY MA C) 12 / Jackie ? / Larry Kukla
Year grown: 2012
- Portuguese origin?
- Named in honor of Larry Kukla, who collected fruits from Joe [last name?], who immigrated from Portugal. Larry shared some fruits with Jackie Tarbox of Massachussets. As Joe spoke little or no English, and Larry Kukla passed away shortly after sharing the fruits with Jackie, she could not find more information about the original name of this tomato.
- Carolyn Male received the seeds from Jackie Tarbox and shared them with Tomatoville members as part of her annual seed offer in January 2012.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2012 Yearbook by Carolyn Male of Salem, New York (NY MA C).
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kukla's Portuguese Beefsteak - plant. 2012-05-25.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kukla's Portuguese Beefsteak - flower. 2012-06-27.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kukla's Portuguese Beefsteak - ripe fruit. 2012-11-08.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kukla's Portuguese Beefsteak - sliced fruit. 2012-10-03.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kukla's Portuguese Beefsteak - sliced fruit. 2012-10-07.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
Heritage Harvest Seed - new
You can buy Kukla's Portuguese Beefsteak seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!