Large Black and Red Boar
|Large Black and Red Boar|
|Fruit color||black, striped|
- Indet, regular leaf. Medium size round and oblate fruits, brown/black with green striped. 6-8 oz. (15 aseeds / packet)
- Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) 12 / Brad Gates, Wild Boar Farms, Napa, CA
Year grown: 2015
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf, black-red fruit with green stripes, 6-8 oz, good flavor, good yield.
- Brad Gates, Wild Boar Farms, Vacaville, California 06
Year grown: 2007
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- Discovered by Bradley Gates of CA at his Wild Boar Farms in the 2000s.
- First introduced to SSE by Neil Lockhart of Oblong, Illinois (IL LO N) and Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) in 2008; both received their seed directly from Brad Gates.
- Some growers reported larger (8-16 oz) fruit.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Large Black and Red Boar - sliced. 2015-08-30.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Large Black and Red Boar - sliced. 2015-09-07.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2013||Delectation of Tomatoes - new||.||.|
|2011||Marianna's Heirloom Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Large Black and Red Boar seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!