- Indet., regular leaf plants. Medium sized round and slightly oblate dusky purple/black fruits, perfectly shaped and blemish-free, 2-5 oz. Flesh is rich burgundy color. Skin sometimes has a bit of mottling on the shoulders. Delicious rich flavor.
- John Seewald, New Jersey 07 / Mark Korney, Buffalo, New York
Year grown: 2013
- 75 days, indet., potato leaf foliage. 3-7 oz dusky purple-pink fruits sometimes with a faint mottling/speckling on top. A favorite, excellent flavor, sets very well in heat.
- Mark Korney, Buffalo, New York 07
Year grown: 2007, 2008
Location: Bastrop, Texas
- In the late 1990s or early 2000s, Mark Korney got a potato leaf plant that produced dark fruits from a planting of Marizol Purple. His subsequent growouts showed the same results, which may meant it was either a stray seed or a mutation and not a cross.
- Introduced commercially by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2014.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T)> Marizol Korney - leaf. 2013-06-12.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Marizol Korney - flowers. 2013-06-12.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Marizol Korney - baby fruits. 2013-06-23.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Marizol Korney - green fruit. 2013-07-29.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Marizol Korney - ripe fruit. 2013-08-19.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Marizol Korney - ripe fruit. 2013-08-23.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Marizol Korney - ripe fruit. 2013-09-07.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S). Marizol Korney - SETTFest 2008. Photo by Tim Hansford.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Marizol Korney - sliced fruit. 2013-08-25.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Marizol Korney, sliced. 2007.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Marizol Korney seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!