|Fruit shape||ribbed, hollow|
|Variety type||heirloom, open-pollinated|
- Indet., regular leaf plants. High yield of red round fruits with cute ribbed shoulders. Very beautiful. Very good sweetish flavor. No cracking observed. Excellent for pickling whole or canning, but also very good fresh and as a stuffer.
- 1. Dan and Val McMurray of Wynndel, British Columbia, Canada (B.C MC D) 07 / Christian Lemaire, France
- 2. Robert Hoser, Wolfratshausen, Germany 11 / Seed shop in Palma de Mallorca
Year grown: 2015(1)
- 70-80 days, indet., regular leaf, 4-8 oz red fruit. Late start and high temps hit this one hard. Most fruit split. BER on about 1/3 of the fruit. Good flavour. 9 lbs/plant.
- Christian Lemaire, France.
Year grown: 2006
Location: Wynndel, BC, Canada
- Old Spanish heirloom, originated in Catalonia, Spain.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 1994 Yearbook by Richard Wade of Cornudella, Spain (SPAI WA R), who said it was traditional Catalan favorite.
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), PI 339933. Collected from Spain in 1969.
Also known as
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Montserrat - ripe fruit. 2015-08-14.
Dan and Val McMurray. Monserrat. 2006.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Montserrat - sliced fruit. 2015-08-14.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2011||TomatoFest (as Pink Monserrat)||0||0|
|2010||TomatoFest (as Pink Monserrat)||0||.|
|2009||TomatoFest (as Pink Monserrat)||0||.|
|2008||TomatoFest (as Pink Monserrat)||0||.|
You can buy Montserrat seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!