|Fruit color||black, purple|
- Indet., regular leaf plants. Smooth shouldered purple black beefsteaks, 8-12 oz. Excellent rich flavor. (15 seeds / packet)
- Neil Lockhart of Oblong, Illinois (IL LO N) 08 / Eduardo Valenzuela of Del Rio Botanical Sinaloa, West Sacramento, California (CA VA E) 06
Year grown: 2014
- 85 days, indet., regular leaf plant with a high yield of 10-16 oz purple-black fruit with excellent flavor.
- Eduardo Valenzuela of Del Rio Botanical Sinaloa, West Sacramento, California (CA VA E) 06
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- This variety is native to Vejer de la Frontera, a Spanish hilltop town and municipality in the province of Cádiz, Andalusia, on the right bank of the river Barbate.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2005 Yearbook by Eduardo Valenzuela of Del Rio Botanical Sinaloa, West Sacramento, California (CA VA E).
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Morado - flower, the first 'megabloom'. 2014-06-11.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Morado - flowers. 2014-06-11.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Morado - sliced fruit. 2014-08-26.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2014||Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds||.||.|
|2013||Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
Delectation of Tomatoes - new
|2012||Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds||2||1|
|2011||Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds||2||1|
|2010||Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds||2||.|
|2009||Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds||3||.|
|2008||Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds||3||.|
You can buy Morado seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!