|Fruit type||salad, slicer|
|Variety type||commercial heirloom, open-pollinated|
- Vigorous det., regular leaf. Medium round golden yellow fruits with meaty flesh and small seed locules. Very nice flavor with pleasant acidic 'zing'. 3-7 oz. Early. (15 seeds / packet)
- 1. Norbert R. Pikovsky, Johnstown, Pennsylvania (PA PI N2) 08 / Neil Lockhart of Oblong, Illinois (IL LO N)
- 2. Heritage Harvest Seed 13
Year grown: 2014(1 - germination failure), 2015(2)
- 55 days, det., huge early yields of attractive medium size, slightly flattened yellow fruit, good rich flavor for a yellow, developed in 1932 at the res. sta. in Morden, Canada from a cross of Bestal x Round Smooth, both red parents.
Year grown: 2007
Location: Drain, Oregon
- Heirloom tomato. Developed in 1932 at the research station in Morden, Manitoba, Canada from a cross of Bestal x Round Smooth, both red tomatoes.
- Vendor: McKenzie Seed Co. C.D. Agr. Proc. Publ. 1952. 1950.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 1991 Yearbook by John Wyncoll, Bolton, England (ENGL WY J).
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Morden Yellow - ripe fruit. 2015-08-17.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Morden Yellow - sliced fruit. 2015-07-27.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Morden Yellow - sliced fruit. 2015-08-17.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2013|| Heritage Harvest Seed
|2011|| Heritage Harvest Seed
|2010|| Heritage Harvest Seed
|2009|| Heritage Harvest Seed
You can buy Morden Yellow seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!