- Indet., regular leaf plants. Very large pink beefsteaks, up to 2 lbs. (15 seeds / packet)
- Valery Popenko, Semei, Kazakhstan 15 / Wild Boar Farms 15
Year grown: 2016
- I grew it in crowded conditions. It didn't prosper, but I eventually found one or two large, overripe, beefsteak-type fruits, which I seeded. I didn’t taste it since it was rotting. I think further acclimatization to my area should help it a lot. Although the fruit was rotting, I zapped my seeds with a Z4EX as an experimental precaution against pathogens (for the next time I grow it).
- store.wildboarfarms.com (purchased on 11 Feb 2016)
Year grown: 2016
Location: New Plymouth, Idaho
- Developed by Brad Gates of Napa Valley, California.
- Released by Wild Boar Farms in 2015.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2017||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2015||Wild Boar Farms - new||.||.|
You can buy Napa Giant seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!
|Description||Indet., regular leaf plants. Very large pink beefsteaks, up to 2 lbs. (15 seeds / packet)|
|Fruit color||pink +|
|Fruit shape||beefsteak +|
|Fruit size||large +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|History||* Developed by Brad Gates of Napa Valley, California.
|Member code||B.C KO T + and ID DE M +|
|Seed source||Valery Popenko, Semei, Kazakhstan 15 / Wild Boar Farms 15|
|Variety type||open-pollinated +|
|Vendor||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds + and Wild Boar Farms +|
|Year grown||2016 +|