From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
- Medium sized (6-7 ft) plants need some caging or staking, good early production that for me tapered off significantly after a couple of weeks. Produces slightly flattened medium sized (mostly 6-10 oz) deep pink globes with good full, rich flavor. Some (radial) cracking observed in wet weather.
- TN JO M (Marianna Jones of Dickson, Tennessee) (aka Marianna's Heirloom Seeds )
Location: Augusta Michigan
- Reported to be brought back to the US from a WWII veteran who was stationed in Italy, but this is unverified.
- Both potato leaf and regular leaf versions of this tomato are available through SSE Yearbook, and both versions seem to have originated from Marianna Jones of TN (TN JO M).
- No commercial sources were noted for 2004 in the Garden Seed Inventory 6th edition, but the variety is available from Marianna's Heirloom Seeds.
- Old Italian Beefsteak (red beefsteak)
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2011||Marianna's Heirloom Seeds||.||.|
|2010||Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds - new
Marianna's Heirloom Seeds
|2009||Marianna's Heirloom Seeds||6||.|
|2008||Marianna's Heirloom Seeds||5||.|
|2007||Marianna's Heirloom Seeds||5||.|