PPP x PP C
|PPP x PP C|
|Fruit color||black, purple|
|Fruit shape||round, oblate|
- Indet., potato leaf plant with purple/black beefsteak fruit, up to 10-12 oz. Excellent rich and sweet flavor. (very limited, 10 seeds/ packet)
- Denise Salmon, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada 07 (F3) / Craig LeHoullier of Raleigh, North Carolina (NC LE C) 94 (F2, vial 94-64)
Year grown: 2007(F4), 2015(F5)
- 75 days, compact indet., potato leaf plants with purple/black beefsteak fruit, most 10-14 oz, some over a pound. Superb flavor, a new favorite. My saved seeds are now F5.
- Denise Salmon, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada 07 / Craig LeHoullier of Raleigh, North Carolina (NC LE C) 94
Year grown: fall 2007, 2008
Location: Bastrop, Texas
- Pale Perfect Purple x Purple Price cross.
- Tad Smith crossed Pale Perfect Purple with Purple Price and sent seeds to Carolyn Male, and she sent seeds to Craig LeHoullier in 1994. Craig grew them out and saved seeds (vial 94-64 - this is F2 seed).
- Denise Salmon, BC received the F2 seed from Craig, grew it in 2006 and selected the best line in the segregation ("C"). Denise described it as:
- "Likely not stable but delicious; really nice texture and complex, deep, sweet/tart flavour; meaty and juicy, outstanding flavor."
- Craig LeHoullier's description of F1:
- "What Tad [Smith] succeeded in creating was the same uniform purple color - no dark shoulders - of Pale Perfect Purple, but with the size of Price's Purple, on a PL plant. I grew out a few of the F2s in 1996 - don't have detailed notes handy. Hy. Fruit; Ind., potato leaf, large oblate smooth dusky pink/purple, good."
Denise Salmon (B.C SA D): PPP x PP F2.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). PPPxPP F5 - ripe. 2015-08-13.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). PPPxPP F5 - sliced. 2015-08-13.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): PPP x PP "C".
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|