- Indet., regular leaf, pink hearts of medium size, 5-11 oz. Very good taste, with some acidity, unlike many of other pink hearts. (15 seeds / packet)
- Seed Savers Heritage Farm, Decorah, Iowa (IA SSE HF) 13 / MA BA L
Year grown: 2015
- 85 days, indet., regular leaf plant, good yield of 8-12 oz., oxheart fruit, very good taste.
- Alan C. Tripp of Salt Lake City, Utah (UT TR A) 96 / MA BA L 84
Year grown: 2002
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- ? Perhaps it came from Portugal, as the name suggests.
- The name is very generic, so I will not be very surprised to find out that several tomato cultivars called 'Portuguese' exist.
- SSE TOMATO 1753. Introduced in the SSE Yearbook by MA LA B, probably in 1984.
- Introduced commercially by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2016.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Portuguese - ripe fruit. 2015-07-30.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Portuguese - sliced fruit. 2015-07-30.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Portuguese seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!
|Description||Indet., regular leaf, pink hearts of medium size, 5-11 oz. Very good taste, with some acidity, unlike many of other pink hearts. (15 seeds / packet)|
|Fruit color||pink +|
|Fruit shape||heart +|
|Fruit size||medium +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|History||* ? Perhaps it came from Portugal, as the … * ? Perhaps it came from Portugal, as the name suggests.
|Member code||B.C KO T + and IL LO N +|
|Seed source||Seed Savers Heritage Farm, Decorah, Iowa (IA SSE HF) 13 / MA BA L|
|Variety type||open-pollinated +|
|Vendor||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +|
|Year grown||2015 +|