|Fruit shape||flattened, ribbed|
- 80 days, indet., ruffled purple/brown/pink fruit with green shoulders, very unique taste which I loved, but growers' opinions vary about its taste - some people love it and some people hate it, you will have to decide for yourself.
- 1. Peter Gallant, Prince Edward Island, Canada 04
- 2. Tomato Growers Supply 11
Year grown: 2008(1), 2011(2)
- 80 days, indet., 4-5 oz ruffled purple/brown port wine colored fruit, good strong taste; I liked it.
- Tomato Growers Supply 07
Location: Bastrop, Texas
- M. Hahm-Hartmann
Location: Quitzdorf am See, Germany
- Exact origin of this tomato is unknown, but most seem to think it originally came from Mexico.
- PI 290857. Donated to USDA in 1963.
Julien Schmit, France. Purple Calabash - plant. 2008.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Purple Calabash - flower. 2008-07-27.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Purple Calabash - baby fruit. 2008-08-11
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Purple Calabash - baby fruit. 2008-07-27.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Purple Calabash - green fruit. 2008-08-04.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Purple Calabash - green fruit. 2008-08-11
Julien Schmit, France. Purple Calabash - ripening fruit. 2008.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Purple Calabash. 2007.