Roger's Best Black
From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
|Roger's Best Black|
|Fruit shape||oblate, irregular, ribbed|
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf, 8-14 oz, black pink/purple with dark green shoulders, stunning colors of skin and flesh, excellent flavor, one of the best 'black' tomatoes I have tried.
- Denise Salmon, BC, Canada 07 / Roger Dahlström, Sweden 00
Year grown: 2007
- Denise Salmon of Vancouver, BC, Canada received the seeds from Roger Dahlström, Sweden, in 2000; the seed package was simply marked "A THE BEST, very good taste, dark red, (Black), Indet. Prolific.”
- Craig LeHoullier (NC LE C) grew it out along with other black varieties and noted that it was very similar to Black Krim.
- It was listed by 2 members in 2007 Yearbook, and both admit that it is similar to Black Krim, but not quite the same; Bill Minkey (WI MI B) thinks that Roger's Best Black has a better taste.
- No information is available about the origin or the original name.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Roger's Best Black - seedling. 2007-02-11
Ted Corbett (GERM CO T). Roger's Best Black - ripe fruit. 2009 (uploaded with the owner's permission)
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2011||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - sold out for 2011
Gleckler Seedmen - new
Marianna's Heirloom Seeds - new
|2010||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||3||2|
|2009||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||4||.|