- Indet., regular leaf. Large round oblate red fruits with smooth shoulders. 8-16 oz. Very good balanced tomato flavor. More acidic than sweet.
- 1. Dan and Val McMurray of Wynndel, British Columbia, Canada (B.C MC D) 08 / Christian Lemaire, France
- 2. Nathalie Antaya of Saint-Robert, Quebec, Canada (QUE AN N) 08 / a collector from France
Year grown: 2015(crop failure), 2016(1)
- 70-80 days, indet., regular leaf, 6' plants, 1+ lb red fruit, good tomato taste, slightly more acidic than sweet, no splits, vigorous, productive, 25 lbs/plant.
- Christian Lemaire, France
Year grown: 2006
Location: Wynndel, BC, Canada
- 75 days, indet., regular leaf, red fruit up to 1.5 lbs.
- Luc Fichot, Belgium (BELG FI L)
Year grown: 2007
Location: Pasadena, Texas
- This French name is too generic, and probably many tomatoes from Russia were labeled this way in France.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 1994 Yearbook by Donald C. Kellums of Port Byron, Illinois (IL KE D), who bought seeds from CV Lon in 1992.
Dan and Val McMurray (B.C MC D). Russe - ripening. 2006.
Dan and Val McMurray (B.C MC D). Russe - ripe fruit. 2006.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Russe (1) - sliced fruit. 2016-09-06.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2017||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2013||Delectation of Tomatoes - new||3||.|
You can buy Russe seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!
|Description||Indet., regular leaf. Large round oblate red fruits with smooth shoulders. 8-16 oz. Very good balanced tomato flavor. More acidic than sweet.|
|Fruit color||red +|
|Fruit shape||beefsteak +|
|Fruit size||large +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|Member code||B.C KO T +, B.C MC D + and TX GU R +|
|See also||Russian +|
|Seed source||1. Dan and Val McMurray of Wynndel, British Columbia, Canada (B.C MC D) 08 / Christian Lemaire, France
|Variety type||open-pollinated +|
|Vendor||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds + and Delectation of Tomatoes +|
|Year grown||2015(crop failure) + and 2016(1) +|