- Det. plants with regular leaf foliage. Round and oblate red fruits, 4-11 oz, smooth shoulders, juicy. Nice flavor, more acidic than sweet.
- Seed Savers Heritage Farm, Decorah, Iowa (IA SSE HF) 09 / Donald Branscomb, California (CA BR D)
Year grown: 2015
- Russian origin, the original Russian name was lost.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 1989 Yearbook by Faxon Stinnett of Vian, Oklahoma (OK ST F), who received the seed from Donald Branscomb, California (CA BR D) in 1982.
- SSE TOMATO 1813.
- Introduced commercially by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2016.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Russian South - ripe fruit. 2015-07-25.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Russian South - sliced fruit. 2015-07-25.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Russian South seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!