|Fruit color||pink, red|
- indet., regular leaf plants, 14-18 oz red beefsteaks with very good flavor.
- Tamara Yaschenko, Byisk, Altai, Russia, 06
Year grown: 2009
Russian name Садко.
- Sadko (Садко) was a legendary hero of a Onega-Novgorodian bylina (epic tale) of the same name, a merchant and gusli musician from Novgorod. See Sadko article at Wikipedia for more details.
- Russian variety from Tamara Yaschenko's collection. The seeds were sent to Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T) as part of a large seed exchange with Tamara Yaschenko of Byisk, Siberia, Russia in 2006. Tatiana grew it out in 2009 and observed two different fruit types - large red and smaller pink beefsteaks. The pink beefsteak fruit is consistent with Tamara's description of this variety, and it was assumed it was 'true to type' Sadko. The red variant was named Sadko Red.
- There is also a Russian yellow hybrid called 'Sadko F1', which is not the same tomato.
- Sadko (parent)
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Sadko - baby fruit. 2009-06-13.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Sadko - green fruit. 2009-07-12.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Sadko Red - ripe fruit. 2009-08-08.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Sadko Red - ripe fruit. 2009-08-16.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Sadko Red - sliced fruit. 2009-08-16.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2012||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2011||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||1||1|
|2010||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||1||.|