From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
- 85 days, indet., regular leaf plant with a high yield of 1-1.25 lb red beefsteak fruit with very good flavor.
- WI MI B 02 (Bill Minkey, WI) / NJ BR J 99 via his grandmother's sister in Germany
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- According to Joe Bratka of New Jersey, who was the originator of this variety, this tomato came from his grandmother's sister in Germany.
- There is a controversy around whether this tomato is a true heirloom or it was bred by Joe Bratka and misrepresented as a ‘heirloom’, perhaps to meet the consumer demand for heirloom tomato varieties at that time.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2000 Yearbook by Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin, who got the seed from Joe Bratka in 1999 along with the 'heirloom' story.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|