|Fruit shape||round, oblate|
- Determinate plants with regular leaf foliage stay quite compact and manageable, so they are good for growing in pots. Fruits are red, small to medium size, round and oblate, shaped like small beefsteaks with smooth shoulders, juicy. 2-5 oz. Very early. Sweet flavor. Extremely productive.
- Valery Popenko, Semei, Kazakhstan 15
Year grown: 2015
later up to two times bigger. Very fertile.
- A low determinant plants that proved to me for very early cultivation in the fodder. Well grown at extreme fluctuations of temperature from 1 ° C to 40 ° C and at a humidity of 30% to 95%. Very early morning harvest of red tasty fruits (taste shown to be similar to other Sarayev´s ), initially smaller, later up to two times bigger. Very fertile.
- Tatiana's TOMATObase, Canada
Year grown: 2016, 2017
Location: Czech republic, Brno, 780 ft
- A cold-tolerant selection by a Russian tomato breeder P.Y. Saraev, who specialized in breeding tomatoes that can withstand freezing temperatures.
- Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds received 15 years old seeds from Valery Popenko of Semei, Kazakhstan in 2014. The seeds had very good germination, and the 2015 growout was successful. Unfortunately there was no way to test the cold tolerance, as the spring was exceptionally warm and quite dry, very unusual for Pacific North West.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Saraev M-22 - ripe fruit. 2015-07-19.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Saraev M-22 - sliced fruit. 2015-07-13.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Saraev M-22 - sliced fruit. 2015-07-19.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Saraev M-22 seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!