|Fruit shape||round, oblate|
- Determinate plants with regular leaf foliage stay quite compact and manageable, perfect for growing in pots. Fruits are red, medium size, round and oblate, with smooth shoulders, juicy. 3-6 oz. Very good balanced flavor. Early. (15 seeds / packet)
- Valery Popenko, Semei, Kazakhstan 15
Year grown: 2015
- A cold-tolerant selection by a Russian tomato breeder P.Y. Saraev, who specialize in breeding tomatoes that can withstand freezing temperatures. The name means 'from Orenburg' in Russian.
- Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds received 15 years old seeds from Valery Popenko of Semei, Kazakhstan in 2014. The seeds had relatively good germination, and the 2015 growout was successful. Unfortunately there was no way to test the cold tolerance, as the spring was exceptionally warm and quite dry, very unusual for Pacific North West.
- Introduced commercially by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2016.
Russian name: Оренбуржец
- The name means 'from Orenburg' in Russian.
Description in Russian
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Saraev Orenburzhets - ripe fruit. 2015-07-27.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Saraev Orenburzhets - sliced fruit. 2015-07-27.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Saraev Orenburzhets seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!