Saraev Otbor 1
|Saraev Otbor 1|
|Fruit shape||round, oblate|
- Determinate plants with regular leaf foliage stay quite compact and manageable, so they are good for growing in pots. Fruits are red, small to medium size, round and oblate, shaped like small beefsteaks, juicy. 2-6 oz. Some fruits have speckles. Very good balanced flavor. Very early. (15 seeds / packet)
- Valery Popenko, Semei, Kazakhstan 15
Year grown: 2015
- A cold-tolerant selection by a Russian tomato breeder P.Y. Saraev, who specialize in breeding tomatoes that can withstand freezing temperatures.
- Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds received 15 years old seeds from Valery Popenko of Semei, Kazakhstan in 2014. The seeds had relatively good germination, and the 2015 growout was successful. Unfortunately there was no way to test the cold tolerance, as the spring was exceptionally warm and quite dry, very unusual for Pacific North West.
Russian name: Отбор 1
- The name means 'Selection 1' in Russian.
Description in Russian
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Saraev Otbor 1 - ripe fruit. 2015-07-09.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Saraev Otbor 1 - sliced fruit. 2015-07-09.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Saraev Otbor 1 - green fruit. 2015-07-05.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Saraev Otbor 1 seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!