|Variety type||family heirloom, open-pollinated|
- indet., regular leaf, large pink flattened and ribbed beefsteaks, very pretty, delicious sweet flavor. 8-16 oz.
- 1. Reimer Seeds
- 2. Kath Weidemoyer, Upper Black Eddy, Pennsylvania 12 / "OneOfTheEarls" at Tomatoville / CV 45th Parallel Seeds 10
- 3. Lurley Hernandez, Galena, Ohio 11 / Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds 11
- 4. Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds 06
Year grown: 2011(1 - crop failure), 2014(1 - crop failure), 2017(2)
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf, good yields of 12-16 oz pink fruit, very good flavor.
- Reimer Seeds / Jeremiah Gettle of Mansfield, Missouri (MO GE J) 05
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf, 1-3 lb beefsteak, excellent taste, solid flesh, few seeds.
Location: Pasadena, Texas
- Old family heirloom, introduced by the legendary Merlin W. Gleckler of Glecklers Seedmen in 1958.
- Gleckler 1958 Catalog description:
- "Here is an extremely old, large fruited pink-skinned tomato. While not classified as new, it is practically extinct as far as securing seed. In fact, it is doubtful if seed has ever been sold by any seedmen. Only by handing down by generations of one family has this tomato existed. Huge pink-skinned fruits; very meaty red flesh; weight up to 3 pounds and more. Flavor is very sweet and without any acid. Large dense indeterminate vines with healthy foliage. Maturity, mid-season to late."
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), PI 303721. Donated to USDA in 1965.
Also known as
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). The Dutchman - flowers. 2014-07-08.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Dutchman (2) - ripe fruit. 2017-09-12.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Dutchman (2) - sliced fruit. 2017-09-12.
Patty Brown, Ohio. Dutchman - ripe fruit. August 12, 2011. Posted with owner's permission.
You can buy The Dutchman seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!
|Also known as||Dutchman +|
|Description||indet., regular leaf, large pink flattened and ribbed beefsteaks, very pretty, delicious sweet flavor. 8-16 oz.|
|Fruit color||pink +|
|Fruit shape||beefsteak +|
|Fruit size||large +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|History||* Old family heirloom, introduced by the l … * Old family heirloom, introduced by the legendary Merlin W. Gleckler of Glecklers Seedmen in 1958.
|Member code||B.C KO T +, IL LO N + and TX GU R +|
|Seed source||1. Reimer Seeds|
|USDA||PI 303721 +|
|USDA link||http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/acc/display.pl?1228000 +|
|Variety type||family heirloom + and open-pollinated +|
|Vendor||Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds +, Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +, Gleckler Seedmen +, Tomato Growers Supply +, TomatoFest +, Skyfire Garden Seeds +, Reimer Seeds +, Heirloom Seeds +, Heirloom Tomatoes +, Delectation of Tomatoes + and Hazzard's Wholesale Seeds +|
|Year grown||2011(1 - crop failure) +, 2014(1 - crop failure) + and 2017(2) +|