Uncle Ike's Big Red
|Uncle Ike's Big Red|
- Indet., regular leaf, medium sized pink beefsteaks (not red, as the name implies, and not very large either). Very good flavor. Low productivity in 2013, but the plants were grown in the shadiest spot in the garden.
- College of Rockies, BC, Canada 13 / Dan and Val McMurray of Wynndel, British Columbia, Canada (B.C MC D) / Al Anderson of Troy, Ohio (OH AN A)
Year grown: 2013
- 85 days, indet., regular leaf plant with a good yield of 8-12 oz fruit with good flavor.
- Mayo Underwood, Illinois (IL UN M) 00
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- A special selection of Ike Gahimer, Blue Ridge, Indiana who named it in honor of his basketball team. Ike Gahimer is an uncle of SSE member Mary Ann Fox, IN (IN FO M).
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Uncle Ike's Big Red - ripe fruit. 2013-09-21.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Uncle Ike's Big Red - sliced fruit. 2013-09-21.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|