Uncle Steve's Oxheart
|Uncle Steve's Oxheart|
|Variety type||family heirloom|
- Indet., regular leaf. Red heart shaped fruits, very good flavor, great for drying or sauce or fresh eating. 7-19 oz.
- Jeff Casey, Alberta, Canada 06
Year grown: 2007, 2015
- 90 days, indet., regular leaf, 8-16 oz red oxheart fruit, very good flavor, good yield.
Year grown: 2007
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- David Babineau obtained the seeds from his uncle, Steve Picone, from Filicudi, Italy, who moved to the US when he was a young boy. Steve Picone worked on developing this tomato in Massachusetts in the late 1930's and simply called it Oxheart. It was grown by all the old Italians in the family for years.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2007 Yearbook by Tatiana Kouchnareva, Anmore, BC (B.C KO T).
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Uncle Steve's Oxheart. 2007-09-09.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Uncle Steve's Oxheart. 2007-08-22.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Uncle Steve's Oxheart. 2007-08-14.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Uncle Steve's Oxheart - ripe. 2015-08-16.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Uncle Steve's Oxheart - sliced. 2015-08-16.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - sold out for 2013||.||.|
|2012||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2011||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||1||1|
|2010||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||2||.|
|2009||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||2||.|
You can buy Uncle Steve's Oxheart seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!