|Fruit shape||round, oblate|
- Early, bush habit, regular leaf, 2-5 oz round red fruit, perfect shape, no cracking, the plants are loaded with fruit, very good 'old-fashioned' tomato taste. (15 seeds / packet)
- Geza Korbely, Hungary 05
Year grown: 2006, 2015
- 70-80 days, det., regular leaf, red 4-8 oz fruit. Nice flavour, no BER, few splits. Doesn't like heat. 5 lbs/plant.
Year grown: 2004
Location: Wynndel, BC, Canada
- Russian variety named after a large city located on Volga River. It dates back to 1977. VIR 3921.
- Introduced to North American gardeners by Geza Korbely, Hungary, via seed exchanges with Garden Web members in 2005-2007.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2007 Yearbook by Tatiana Kouchnareva, Anmore, BC (B.C KO T).
- Introduced commercially by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2016.
Russian name: Волгоград
- Volgorgad is a large Russian city on Volga River.
Description in Russian
Sherry Shiesl, Alaska. Volgograd - green fruit. 2011.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Volgograd. 2006-08-11.
Sherry Shiesl, Alaska. Volgograd - ripe fruit. 2011.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Volgograd. 2006-09-09.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - sold out for 2013||.||.|
|2012||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2011||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||1||1|
|2010||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||2||.|
|2009||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||1||.|
You can buy Volgograd seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!