West Virginia Straw
|West Virginia Straw|
- indet., potato leaf, good yield of large pink irregularly shaped beefsteaks with meaty flesh and excellent balanced and sweetish flavor. Very few seeds. One of my favorite tomatoes in 2011. (15 seeds / packet)
- 1. Doug Zuknick, West Virginia 07
- 2. Kath Weidemoyer, Upper Black Eddy, Pennsylvania 12 / Marianna's Heirloom Seeds 10
Year grown: 2011 (#1), 2012 (#2)
- 90 days, indet., potato leaf plant with good yield of 0.75-1 lb pink beefsteak fruit, very good flavor.
- WI MI B 96 (Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin) / AZ BU C / Template:OH NI T
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- Large vines that need caging or staking, 71 days, large (up to 1 lb.) pink beefsteaks with delicious rich flavor and creamy texture, wonderful variety, highly recommended.
- Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) 1995 / AZ BU C / OH NI T
Location: Augusta, Michigan
- According to the SSE member OH NI T, this tomato is said to be from Clarence Gumm whose father got it from Mr. Straw who lived in West Virginia and brought it back from Germany in World War I.
- Listed in the SSE Yearbooks since the early 1980s.
- SSE TOMATO 245.
- This tomato variety is listed in both PINK and RED sections of the SSE Yearbooks, but the true fruit color is pink (clear epidermis).
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). West Virginia Straw - plant. 2012-05-25.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). West Virginia Straw - plant. 2011-06-23.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). West Virginia Straw - flowers. 2011-06-23.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). West Virginia Straw - sliced fruit. 2012-09-20.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). West Virginia Straw - sliced fruit. 2012-10-24.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). West Virginia Straw - sliced fruit. 2012-11-05.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - sold out for 2014||.||.|
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2012||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||3||0|
|2011||Marianna's Heirloom Seeds||3||0|
|2010||Marianna's Heirloom Seeds||3 + 1 (in RED section)||.|
|2009||Marianna's Heirloom Seeds||3||.|
|2008||Marianna's Heirloom Seeds||3||.|
|2007||Marianna's Heirloom Seeds||3||.|