|Leaf type||regular, wispy|
|Fruit shape||elongated, plum|
- indet., regular wispy and droopy foliage, ...
- Tom Gallucci, Connecticut 10 / Darwin_NT, Australia 10
Year grown: 2011 (crop failure)
- Please note that this is a working name for this tomato, and it is not clear if it is stable yet. Once stabilized or proved to be stable, it will likely be given a different name.
- Discovered by Keith Risk of Howard Springs of Darwin, Northern territory of Australia, in 2010. Keith Risk received the original Prue seeds from a fellow Aussie and Tomatoville member Raymondo, and first grew it in 2009, and everything seemed to be OK. However, in the subsequent growout in 2010, the plants grown from the saved 2009 seeds produced yellow plum / bomb shaped fruits with some hollow seed cavities. Keith said that the only other yellow tomato he grew in 2009 was Yellow Brandywine. However, if this were a Prue X Yellow Brandywine cross, the F1 fruits would be red, as red is a dominant characteristic. Therefore the true origins of this tomato yet to be further investigated.
- Tom Gallucci, the originator of the Prue tomato, said that the fruits are shaped like Prue.
- Tom Gallucci received the seed for the Yellow Prue from Keith Risk in the fall 2010 and distributed it for 2011 growouts to Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T) and some other Tomatoville members. We will see what comes out of this, stay tuned!
- Prue (possibly a parent, yet to be confirmed)
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Yellow Prue - plant. 2011-07-09.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Yellow Prue - baby fruit. 2011-07-11.
Keith Risk, Howard Spring, Darwin, Australia. Yellow Prue - ripe fruit, with red Prue. 2010. Posted with the owner's permission.
Keith Risk, Howard Spring, Darwin, Australia. Yellow Prue - sliced fruit, with red Prue. 2010. Posted with the owner's permission.
Keith Risk, Howard Spring, Darwin, Australia. Yellow Prue - sliced fruit, with sliced Yellow Brandywine. 2010. Posted with the owner's permission.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|