|Variety type||open-pollinated, heirloom|
- Vigorous indet. plants with regular leaf foliage produces very large pink beefsteak fruits with ribbed and ruffled shoulders. Very good flavor. (20 seeds / packet)
- Michael Gunn of Pasadena, Texas (TX GU R) 09 / Neil Lockhart of Oblong, Illinois (IL LO N) / Betty Lou Kohl, Ogallala, Nebraska
Year grown: 2013
- 90 days, indet., regular leaf, good yield of 1-1.5 lb pink fruit, very good flavor.
- Betty Lou Kohl, Ogallala, Nebraska
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- 85 days, indet., regular leaf, pink fruit, 1-1.5 lbs.
- Neil Lockhart of Oblong, Illinois (IL LO N) / Betty Lou Kohl, Ogallala, Nebraska
Year grown: 2007
Location: Pasadena, Texas
- An heirloom from Pennsylvania, originally from Greece.
- According to Holy Protection Monastery in White Haven, Pennsylvania (PA HO P), Mrs. Vasiliki of York, Pennsylvania brought seed with her from her village in Greece when she immigrated, and she had been growing it for years in York Pennsylvania.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2000 Yearbook by Neil Lockhart of Oblong, Illinois (IL LO N), who got the seeds from Betty Lou Kohl, Ogallala, Nebraska.
- Introduced commercially by Delectation of Tomatoes in 2013.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). York - ripe fruit. 2013-09-04.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). York - sliced fruit. 2013-10-06.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2013||Delectation of Tomatoes - new||.||.|
You can buy York seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!